Thursday, July 2, 2009

We need a little help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne and I need a little help! Yes, I know you all knew that :o) No really, we take a trip each year for our anniversary and are having a hard time deciding where to go this time. (Yes, we are very late - our anniversary was March 4th but needless to say we have been very busy lately!) Let me give you a little run down of the past 9 years! The picture above was last year March 6, 2008 and we made a trip to the hospital to have Cade and Brady. So not really the anniversary trip I would have wanted but I was DESPERATE to get those boys out!!!!!!!!!!!

This was our trip in 2007. We took E with us for his Spring Break. We decided to make it a family trip since the year before we had a really HUGE trip! (see below)


In 2006 Wayne surprised me with a trip to New York! Super fun is all I have to say!

In 2005 we went to Jekyll Island, GA.

In 2004 we went to Savannah, GA.


In 2003 we went to Atlanta - I was pregnant with Ethan.


In 2002 we went to the Nantahala River in NC. And our 1 year anniversary, which I could not find a picture (did not have a digital camera back then) , we went to Destin.

So as you can probably see, our trips are primarily within driving range because I do not like to fly! (Our honeymoon was to St. Lucia Sandals resort which was great but very scary flying!)

So, we are going to go somewhere very soon for a 3 night getaway and we can not find a good place to go. We need a little advice if anyone would like to offer some. We do not want to spend a super amount, we want to mainly relax in peace and quite and we want to be somewhat close and able to drive in 1 day. Any suggestions? We would love some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One more thing - we thought about Niagara Falls but Wayne wants to take the kids when we go. Some friends had recommended Ginn Hammock near St. Augustine which is a Spa/Resort but it may be a little busy. Henderson Park Inn in Destin was another recommendation but we have been there numerous times. Just a little side note info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

mesa said...

New Orleans! - 5 hr drive
I'll keep thinking!

Simply Sprout said...

Amelia Island...north of Jacksonville. They have a Ritz Carlton there I could see if my sister could get you a nice rate.
It is beautiful!!!