Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Another visit to the dermatologist :o(

Well, my mom's side of the family has blessed me with skin that is just awful! Skin cancer runs very high and needless to say I have already had my share! Just marked off #4 on my face. After years of trying to tan and getting burned, I am paying for it dearly now! The recent spot was a basal cell, which is precancerous, which they did the MOHS procedure on. After 2 layers were taken, the plastic surgeon worked his magic. It was the tinyest little spot and it turned out to be a way bigger incision than I had expected. All I can say is better now than later when they would have to take half my lip off. Wayne says I need a skin transplant! That would be fabulous; just make it a beautiful olive complexion please!
I have a feeling there will be more spots to come but we are going to try some preventative measures and maybe they will help!

,

No comments: