Thursday, March 26, 2009

Frugal Coupon Living Seminar!

I went to a great seminar last night on saving money with couponing! I was very impressed! Ashley did a fabulous job of explaining how we can save money. It can be a little overwhelming but I thought I would share just a few tips that I am going to start with!
*Publix takes competitors coupons. If you happen to get a Target, Food Lion coupon you can use it at Publix and preferably when the item is on sale!
*If you are buying one and getting one free you can use 2 coupons for the items most of the time!
*Ashley's website has tons of printable coupons that you can redeem at stores!
*The goal is to get the item on sale then use a manufactures coupon and a competitors coupon!
*Getting organized is the key. Keep Sunday coupon fliers and pull the coupons when the items go on sale.
*Ashley primarily shops at CVS, Walgreens, Target and Publix. These are the stores she seems to save the most at. Winn Dixie is another good one that many people mentioned!
*On her website she has a place to send expired coupons. They go to military families who can use them up to 6 months past the expiration date. This is really a great donation and is easy to do!
*Stockpile items that are on sale and you have coupons for or buy one get one free items!
*One other thing that makes sense but I will have to get use to doing is - plan your meals for the week based on the items on sale!
There was so much more info but this is just a little I am going to start with. Check out her website http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/ and see what you think. She updates it all the time so make sure you check it frequently!

No comments: