Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thank you Jesus for watching over our house and protecting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, has this been a crazy week. On Tuesday I got home with the boys around 5:00 and realized I could not get the internet to work. I tried to restart the computer then turn it off and back on - nothing worked. I picked up the phone to call Wayne and by George my phone didn't work either. So I called him with my cell and he said to call AT&T! Remember it is now about 5:30 and I have 3 hungry, not so happy, kids at home. I call the phone company and hold FOREVER and end up hanging up. Wayne had a meeting after work in Tally so he was not coming home. He called a patient of mine and his who works for the phone company to come look at it. About 7:00 he came over, he had just had a root canal done (THANKS Larry!) He showed me that our phone lines outside had been cut! WHAT - CUT! He said a dog may have done it or even lightning but most likely someone cut them. OK - so I called Wayne. He said he would look when he got home. So, I started thinking and remembered something that may have been important. I called Wayne back and told him that when I got home I noticed our back screened in porch door was open. I did not think anything of it but Wayne immediately said he was going to call the Sheriff's office. I hurried to get E to sleep (he knew none of this and still doesn't or he would FLIP OUT!) The sheriff showed up and I showed him the phone lines, my back porch and he showed me where someone had tried to break into my house - it was a unsuccessful home burglary! (I really am clueless when it comes to things like this.) They cut the phone line to disable my alarm. My alarm was still set when I got home but if it would have gone off the signal would not have made it to the security company. They went on the back porch and tried to get into our back door which is glass. It looks as though they tried to pry the door open with a screwdriver or something. The sheriff said they have been seeing this all over Gadsden County and they have not been able to catch them yet. They come during the day when no one is home. Thank you Jesus that they did not get into my house. They could have broke the glass or took the molding off the door and got in. The one thing we can believe might have happened is -------- our sweet, adorable, loving dog Sissy, who is about 15, blind, deaf may have scared them away. She stays in her house on the deck most of the time but maybe she heard them and came out and scared them! My sweet Sissy girl could have just saved us :o)
So, needless to say we have had no phone or internet. We are getting another big, bad, ugly, mean dog! We are putting up a gate at our driveway. We are getting a digital security system for a pretty penny! AND - those people better stay far far away if they know what is good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On another note, my dear friend Mesa Cole (husband William and daughter Emily Cole) l0st her mother Tuesday unexpectedly. I spoke with her yesterday and please be praying for them. They are in our thoughts and prayers and WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: